City Council Workshop
17:00 on May 3, 2011
Utility Collections Large Conference Room, 210 W. Ave. C.
- I asked the City Manager when the recall signatures will be validated.
He said their goal is COB Monday, May 9.
- There isn't going to be any investigation.
- The mayor thinks the council is disfunctional. The council disagrees.
- The mayor is a member of "C12" but doesn't know the names of any other members.
- Oh, and some work got done, but not much.
DS-3: Outside investigation of the Connie Greene matter.
Larry Cole wants 4 questions answered by outside investigation:
- Financial payment related to sex-harrassment case: was too much paid?
- EMS Billing: any fraud?
- Any reverse discrimination?
- Any evidence of a walking forum?
Wilkerson: I though this was supposed to be about Green leaving. The harrassment has already been determined by the Workforce Commission.
Mayor asked "who is going to investigagte?"
- Each member said there should be an investigation, but none except Cole sounded enthused.
City attorney says that police agencies won't do it: they don't have any evidence of wrong-doing. The council would have to hire someone, and the results of such an investigation would not be trusted. The country attorney told the city attorney he had seen no evidence of a walking forum.
Wilkerson asked the city attorney to brief the council on the audits already done on the first three questions.
Juan Rivera wandered in late and wasn't on the page.
Nothing was decided, except that the city attorney will give a briefing and some future time, after the County Attorney returns from out of town.
DS-4. Duties of Mayor and Council. Put on agenda by the mayor, who has had questions about this. He thinks council might want to blow off steam in a closed session so they can be "more functional". Mayor thinks they don't work very well together and that affects how they serve the city.
Cosper, Wilkerson, Purser, Cole and Wells don't think they are disfunctional. I'm not sure what Workman said: he just rambled. The mayor repeated that he thinks they're disfunctional, but apologizes for saying so if they're not.
Mayor Hancock admitted he belongs to an organization called "C-12" but can't say who else belongs. He wishes people would stop asking ab out it.
DS1: Land use items on the next Council Agenda: Mike McElroy
- Lineage Loop. RSVP Properties. New plat. Approved by planning and zoning commision.
- Rezone to RC-1: Sushi-J Restaurant requests beer and wine sales. Approved by PZC.
- B3 to B3A. 439 plaza requests zoning for liquor sales. PZC approved.
- Moonlight club, whose property was acquired by city is Now at 802 Ft. Hood. Requests rezoning so they can use their liquor license.
Lions Club is donating an acre adjacent to Lions Park, requesting some improvements in return. Wells asked some questions about it.
PH4 -- state seizure money to be used for vehicle purchases. Wells asked some questions about the funds.
Committee Reports: Couldn't hear Cole's report. Something to do with sewage.